Via Van Service
Via Van Service Available to Hudson Residents
Providing tailored, responsive mobility services to thousands of older adults, people with disabilities, low-income individuals, and rural residents.
In June 2022, the county submitted grant applications for Multimodal Transportation and Mitigation Options Fund (MMOF) to support the county contracting with an on-demand transit provider along with nine other jurisdictions, including Ault, Fort Lupton, Gilcrest, Hudson, Johnstown, Keenesburg, Kersey, Nunn and Platteville. This program will assist residents who are unable to drive or are 60 years of age or older and must rely on others to take them to appointments, grocery shopping, work, etc. Via Mobility will be operating buses that are equipped for paratransit service, and Via’s drivers escort riders door-to-door and assist them on and off the bus when needed.
The service began on Tuesday, Aug. 1. Via Mobility Service is a nonprofit organization that is funded through donations, grants and service contracts to pay for rides; rides are free for users, and riders are never required to donate. To learn more about Via Mobility Services, please go to https://viacolorado.org/.
- Riders 60+ years of age or older or who are unable to drive are eligible for this service.
- This is a ride-share service, meaning other passengers could be on the bus with you.
- Rides are free for passengers and can be booked up to 7 days in advance.
- If a ride is not available or does not go where you need to go, family and friends are eligible for mileage reimbursement.
- Residents in Ault, Fort Lupton, Gilcrest, Hudson, Johnstown Keenesburg, Kersey, Nunn, Platteville and in much of unincorporated Weld County are eligible for this service. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Via Paratransit operates in the following Colorado counties; service availability depends on your exact location.
- Adams County
- Arapahoe County
- Boulder County
- Denver County
- Jefferson County
- Larimer County (Estes Park)
- Weld County @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>