REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Town of Hudson Auditor Services
The Town of Hudson, Colorado is inviting proposals from qualified individuals and organizations to provide auditor services to the Town. The Town auditor will work with the Town Clerk/Treasurer and the Town’s Financial Consultant, Professional Management Solutions, while conducting annual audits.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, proposals should be prepared and submitted in a form which addresses the needs outlined herein. Late proposals will not be accepted. Proposals will be accepted until end of business, January 4, 2021. Proposals shall be prepared as described below and sent to:
Charity Campfield, Clerk/Treasurer
Town of Hudson
P.O. Box 351
50 Birch St.
Hudson, CO 80642
The Town of Hudson, Colorado is located in Weld County, Colorado. It has an estimated population of approximately 1900 and has about 25 employees. It was incorporated in 1914 and adopted a home-rule charter in 2015.
During 2020 the Town operated 12 funds including a General Fund, 8 special revenue funds (Property Tax, Paving Sales Tax, Hudson Public Library, Sales Tax Capital Improvement, Conservation Trust, Park Impact Fee, Facilities Impact Fee, and Street Impact Fee), 1 Capital Project fund (Capital Reserve) and 1 Enterprise fund (Water & Wastewater). In recent years, the enterprises have been reported as two separate funds (Water Fund and Wastewater Fund). The Town’s reporting entity includes the Hudson Public Library, which is a blended component unit reported as a special revenue fund (listed above).
The Town currently has 3 bonded debt issues payable through 2035, 2036, and 2051; 1loan from a state agency payable through 2037, and 2 lease/purchase agreements for a vehicle and water meters that are payable through 2021 and 2020 respectively.
During 2020, the Town received no significant grants from any state or federal source.
The Town seeks a contract with a reliable, experienced, and qualified CPA with municipal audit experience in the State of Colorado to provide auditing services in a comprehensive, timely, and efficient manner. The scope of work for the contractor includes but is not necessarily limited to the following:
Audit the general purpose financial statements of the Town in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Perform a single audit of federal funds received, if necessary.
- Assist the Town by drafting the financial statements, including notes.
- Review the MD&A prepared by the Town’s financial consultant.
- Provide an audit opinion with respect to the Town’s annual audited financial statements.
- Evaluate and test the Town’s internal controls and provide recommendations to Board regarding the same.
- Complete the audit in time for the Town to meet state reporting requirements.
- Attend a meeting of the Town Board to discuss the audit and financial statements.
- Provide 12 bound, colored copies and a .pdf version of the audited financial statements including the MD&A, and state compliance documents.
Desirable Qualifications of Contractor
- Ability to meet the time requirements of the Town.
- Excellent Colorado reputation for performing municipal audits in a competent, helpful manner.
- Reasonable cost
Participation by and Expectations of the Town
Town staff and the financial consultant will provide financial data as necessary for contractor’s work, including detailed trial balances, supporting reports, and typical “prepared by client” account schedules and reconciliations necessary for the audit. Town staff and the financial consultant will be available for interim reviews, meetings, and questions during the audit. The Town expects that the auditing contract will be renewed for five consecutive years, subject to the Town’s satisfaction with the Audit Services provided.
Please indicate firm annual bid amounts for performing the audit for 2021, 2022, and 2023. Please also indicate pricing for 2024 and 2025 and indicate if those amounts are probable or firm. Interim billing after completion of various phases of the audit will be allowed.
Information to be Included/Submitted
Please include the following information in your proposal:
- Name and qualifications of the person who will be in charge of providing the auditing services to the Town.
- Name of your professional liability and other insurance carriers and the insurance limits on each policy.
- Potential conflicts of interest that you or your firm may have in relation to the Town of Hudson.
- List of all other municipal clients for which you have performed annual audits in the past five (5) years.
- Any other information you wish to provide regarding your ability to meet the Town’s needs and desires.
Proposals mailed should be sealed and clearly marked “Auditor Proposal.” Please include 3 copies of your submission. Emailed submissions should be in pdf. The Town operates under applicable public disclosure laws. Proprietary information must be identified and will be protected to the extent that is legally possible. Costs of developing the proposal and attending any meetings relating to the proposal will not be reimbursed by the Town.
The Town reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, to waive irregularities or informalities in the proposals, and to re-advertise for proposals if desired. After considering all proposals and information provided during the application process, the Town may select the contractor it deems most advantageous to the Town based on the needs and desires of the Town.